[3830] ARRL 10 W1KM SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W1km@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W1KM SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 15:50:41 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: W1KM
Operator(s): W1KM
Station: W1KM

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 25.8
Remote Operation

   CW: 2447   164
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 2447   164  Total Score = 1,605,232

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Great activity as always! This contest is very popular.  1109 Europeans (vs. 935
last year and 24 in 2021).
What stood out for me this year was the terrific signals from everywhere west of
the Mississippi on both days.  Also a load of backscatter contacts on Sunday to
W2 and W3 land, thanks to the low absorption.
Top 10 states:
CA 158
TX 88
FL 58 (But signals from FL were not strong)
NY 52
WA 52
MN 48
CO 45
MA 43
AZ 39
PA 37

Top 5 Europeans
DL 219
G 88
PA 73
F 69
OK 54

When I checked the scoreboard on Sunday around noon—intentionally had ignored
it during the morning run-I saw that my connection had dropped.   I went into
N1MM configurer to reset and got an error message—something about Com1 and
‘you must restart your computer.’ I had some Com port issues setting up the
computer on Friday and didn’t want to mess with it.

Best DX was JS6RRR who called in late Sunday morning LP.  He was a little louder
on the south beam than on the stack aimed at Europe. Otherwise, nothing heard
from the Far East.

Setup: K3S, KPA 1500, 5/5 on rotating side-mounted mast at 74/40’ and 4 el
10-4CD fixed south at 40’.

Thanks for the Q’s (and repeats)!
73 Greg W1KM