[3830] ARRL 10 N6CQP(NN6U) SO SSB Unlimited Limited-Ant LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john@nn6u.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N6CQP(NN6U) SO SSB Unlimited Limited-Ant LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 04:28:06 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: N6CQP
Operator(s): NN6U
Station: NN6U/M

Class: SO SSB Unlimited LP
Class Overlay: Limited-Ant
QTH: SF
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

   CW:
  SSB:  105    49
-------------------
Total:  105    49  Total Score = 10,290

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

On Sunday, I worked a second operation from China Camp State Park (POTA K-1138)
with the mobile station in my Jeep (IC-7100 with a hamstick and the Jeep as
counterpoise). Thanks to NCCC for the use of the club call. A cliff overlooking
salt water to the north and east provided great propagation to the US and Canada
- I knew I was off to a good start when my very first contact was with PE - but
a hill to my south and west didn't allow much trans-Pacific contact; I didn't
even get Hawaii, although I did get Hong Kong. Most distant contacts were Brazil
and Hong Kong.

Being able to self-spot on the POTA site helped me leverage the power of the
POTA community and I was able to CQ and get some runs, which normally doesn't
happen with my low-power station. Thanks to the POTA hunters for the Qs!