[3830] ARRL 10 N5RZ SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb5aar@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N5RZ SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 03:03:24 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: N5RZ
Operator(s): N5RZ
Station: N5RZ

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24:18

   CW: 1928   146
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1928   146  Total Score = 1,125,952

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Interesting weekend.

Disappointed the bands folded rather quickly after sunset both evenings here.
No Es or Meteor Scatter.   Ended the night with 117 in the log, 98 in the first
hour.

Saturday morning was slow to open and a very limited EU opening for me.  Luckily
a bunch of stateside activity helped the rate. Best hour was the 17Z hour at 142
- mainly stateside.   Had to get away for about 40 minutes in the middle
afternoon.   Fair JA opening, but the band literally cratered after sunset.
Ended the night with 1077 Qs

Much better condx Sunday morning.   Good EU opening, though mainly Western,
Central and Southern EU.   Rates  14Z = 152  15Z = 125   16Z = 117  17Z = 100.
EU was pretty much done shortly after 1600Z both mornings.

Again, had to get away for 35 minutes in the 19Z hour.  Taking those breaks in
the afternoons cost me some QSOs but maintained my sanity!

Things really went downhill starting at 22Z and limped to the finish line though
I got a "high" getting 3W9A in the log at 2347Z.

Kudos to you guys who can bang away for hours on end.   And congrats to all the
big scorers.

Mults include 80 DXCC   3 XE States  and 63 S/P (missed NU and NT).  Last state
worked was UT.

W/K = 1150 Qs
JA = 102 Qs
VE = 146 Qs
All Europe = 372
PY = 43
Rest of World = 115 Qs.

Elecraft K4D  +  Alpha 99
6 el OWA on 24' boom @ 70' fixed on EU/East Coast (erected the Monday before)
Tennedyne T-11 Log Periodic @ 50' (rotary)
Driven element of TH6DXX fixed E/W at 50'
N1MM+ Logging Software and NC7J Cluster

Thanks to all for the QSOs.

73,  Gator