[3830] ARRL 10 N4SS(@W5MX) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N4SS(@W5MX) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 02:05:45 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: N4SS
Operator(s): W5MX KJ4YLR N4AAJ N4AJJ
Station: W5MX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: KY

   CW: 1339   152
  SSB:  818   137
-------------------
Total: 2157   289  Total Score = 2,020,688

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

Another contest for N4SS in the books!
Just got back from 2 week vacation in EU and operating CQWW CW at II9P last
weekend. Between lingering jet lag and catching up at work last week, I went
into this one a bit tired.

Had a great time operating with the team. Clayton KJ4YLR was at the station for
the duration, and Scott N4AJJ and wife Betsy N4AJJ came down Saturday for
several hours of operating. Betsy is a new ham and has had some radio practice
on SOTA activations with Scott. She hopped in the chair Saturday AM and ran
around 100 Q's or so on SSB. It was great to see a first-time contester in
action! She ran a good rate like a boss :-)Hopefully we get her back down with
us again. Scott did a great job on CW, his skills are continually improving -
great to see.
Clayton did the bulk of the SSB Q's outside of what Betsy ran, and I worked just
a few. He is continually improving as well.

Band seemed pretty good overall, not stellar. Both mornings started with EU on
skewed path towards Africa, then straightening out about an hour or so in. The
EU opening was fairly short both days, with very limited eastern EU time.
One highlight was working a couple of JA stations and VR2 long path during our
morning time as well.

Some good short openings made for a lot of central and eastern W/VE contacts and
mults that can be tricky at times being so close on 10m. Sat evening was not
very good to Asia, Sun was improved with a pretty good JA run.

With the band shutting down in the late evening Sat, we had time to relax and
watch some various YouTube videos before crashing out. Kind of a nice break
after the whole weekend contests. Great participation overall
We all had a good time and kept the radios on whenever the band was open (and
even a bit before/after openings).

Thank You to all for the Q's as always, they are much appreciated. What a great
hobby we have, and a great community of people as well.

Best 73's all
Bryan W5MX and Team N4SS