[3830] ARRL 10 WQ6X(@KN6NBT) SO Mixed Unlimited QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 WQ6X(@KN6NBT) SO Mixed Unlimited QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 01:19:38 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: KN6NBT

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited QRP
QTH: Ramona, Ca.
Operating Time (hrs): 11:49
Remote Operation

   CW:  255    72
  SSB:   87    33
-------------------
Total:  342   105  Total Score = 125,370

This is a WQ6X FIRST - running the 10-Meter GiG QRP from Ramona California.
Client and ARCA radio club commitments kept me in Alameda Friday and part
of Saturday so I ran Ramona's K3 radio from my Alameda Biofeedback office
using a K3/0-Mini.  Upon arrival @W7AYT, the K3/0-Mini was installed just
in time for a two hour OP stint for NX6T finishing Saturday for me.
Sunday morning, the band started to open around 6am and amazingly enough
there was a Greyline opening to EU at 7am (15:00z).  When that died I went
back to bed for a couple of hours and then picked up where I left off
around 10am until the GiG ended at 4pm.
Condx. to JA and Oceania where MUCH better on Friday/Saturday than Sunday,
altho a couple of Asian multipliers Sunday afternoon made up for the lack
of QSO volume.
There was LoTs of atmospheric noise all weekend, even tho no solar storms
were (to my knowledge) indicated so the K3-DNR was an absolute necessity.
Running Stereo-CW (see the WQ6X Blogs on that), made CW copy more effective.
Read more about this GiG soon at: http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com