[3830] ARRL 10 W6QU(W8QZA) SO SSB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wparker2@san.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W6QU(W8QZA) SO SSB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 00:53:49 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: W6QU
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: W8QZA

Class: SO SSB QRP
QTH: San Diego, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 6.9

   CW:
  SSB:  166    61
-------------------
Total:  166    61  Total Score = 20,252

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

STATION W8QZA:

Radio: Elecraft K-2, 5 Watts.

Antenna:
  10-15-20 Meters: 3 el Stepp-IR up 32 feet

I did very close to last year's performance by almost any measure.

By far my most exciting QSO was when I started tuning at 15 minutes after
sunrise on Sunday and found V55Y calling blank CQs.  Weak, no callers, and I got
him with the first call.

I managed to get into Europe for 3 Qs, two EAs and one CT.

This is the one contest where stations actually come back to my CQs and
sometimes two callers at once!  I made 21 Qs by calling CQ.

So it was a lot of fun with very little time of operating.  No night time
stuff!

See you in the WPX RTTY.   Bill  W8QZA - W6QU