[3830] ARRL 10 K7RAT(N6TR) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K7RAT(N6TR) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 00:49:02 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: K7RAT
Operator(s): N6TR
Station: N6TR

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 23
OpMode: 2BSIQ

   CW: 1562   109
  SSB: 1185   100
-------------------
Total: 2747   209  Total Score = 1,801,162

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Been a very long time since I have operated this contest seriously.  Considering
there was no direct path to Europe except to SJ2W, there was still lots of fun
to be had.  Perhaps that actually helped make my station a bit more competitive
actually.  On Saturday evening, I saw my score was very close to K7RL's - so I
figured out how to get my old fashioned logging program to report scores and we
had quite the chase all day Sunday.  N5DX ruined the party by being way ahead,
but K5ZD, K7RL and myself exchanged positions all day Sunday.  Looks like maybe
I got some revenge from the CQ WW weekend.

The antenna system worked out very well.  I just got the 4 element MonstIR back
up in the air and it has a good shot to the East.  It was totally competitive
with my other monobanders, so it got to be used all weekend in that direction.
I had a 5L pointed at Europe and another on Japan.  Those were fed using a
stackmatch.  A C19XR was used on the second radio pointed East - and there was
enough isolation that I could use two radios much of the time.  I even dabbled
with TBSIQ a little bit and it seemed to work well.

Did manage all states on CW, but missed WY and NV on SSB.

Radios: 2 X K4D + KPA1500
Antennas: 5L North, 5L rotatable, 4L East, 5L East
Software: TRLog Linux with secret sauce