[3830] ARRL 10 W1NN SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W1NN SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 00:40:53 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 3
Remote Operation

   CW:  113    48
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  113    48  Total Score = 21,696

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Remote from Japan to my station in Ohio.

This is a nighttime contest for me.  With no 10 meter antenna and a terrible QTH
(OHIO) for this contest in the best of times, there was zero incentive to put in
much effort. Most of my operating took place on the first day when I woke up
around midnight my time and turned on the radio.  I also operated a little bit
early Monday morning my time hoping to work some JAs at Ohio sunset. (That
didn't happen.)

On Saturday, Western Europe was really loud and most stations could hear me on
my 80 meter dipole.  French stations were especially loud but very little east
of Germany was heard.  The US and Canadian west was easy to work Germany was
much weaker and almost nothing further east was heard.  FL is usually strong but
only a couple of the biggies were heard and fewer worked. VK and ZL were easy to
work.

This contest brought back memories of 10 Meters back in 1958-60.  I remember
that Arizona stations were really loud back then - like 40 over 9 and I could
easily work them on my in-the-attic dipole and Viking Ranger.  AZ stations were
again really loud this weekend although nobody was 40 over.

73, Hal W1NN remote in Tokyo