[3830] ARRL 10 K3KU SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, artboyars@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K3KU SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 00:35:44 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 6:18

   CW:  167    62
  SSB:   48    30
-------------------
Total:  215    92  Total Score = 70,288

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

By not starting until Saturday night I was spared the big disappointment of
Saturday's daytime condx.  Sunday was lots of fun for a part-time operation with
100W and a 6.5-lambda dipole.  I hope all the USA and Canada I worked will
remember me in SS.

Best story:  Searching the CW band Sunday about 2115Z, I heard "QRL?
NN3RP".  Well, I sure did need that DC multiplier.  I called him, got a few
??'s, and finally he got my call.  Yes! Go PVRC!

Almost-a-Genius story:  Somehow, I did not yet have the AZ mult on Phone when I
stopped at 2230Z for dinner with my (most indulgent) wife. I got back on at
2315Z to see if anybody was left -- maybe, maybe a loud AZ on SSB who could hear
me.  First, a check of CW -- nuthin'.  Then up to SSB... and there is K6LL!! Not
loud, but clear.  Maybe, maybe...  I called a few times.  Got beat out or
un-heard each time.  He peaked a little, then started to fade.  Rats!  (And a
couple of minutes later I worked NX6T on one call, after he warned the pileup
that the band was going out.  Go figure.)

Ah, well.  Lots of other mult's and Q's missed.  And Missouri would have counted
as much as Arizona.

Thanks for the QSOs.