[3830] ARRL 10 KH6AQ SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, telegrapher9@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KH6AQ SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 00:35:19 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: KH6AQ
Operator(s): KH6AQ
Station: KH6AQ

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: PAHOA, HAWAII

   CW:  932    94
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  932    94  Total Score = 350,432

As usual the ARRL 10 meter contest is a fun challenge and I look forward to
2024.

The sun gifted us with five solar M-class flares spaced over the 48 hours.

I aimed to beat last year's HP score running LP this year but propagation did
not support that fantasy. 932 Qs this year vs 1241 in 2022. One more mult this
year with 94 was nice. I ran 95% of the time and snagged some good mults in
S&P mode. The first night Europe was heard long path after dark but they did
not hear me. Saturday local evening was much better, producing QSOs with 11
Europeans plus a ZS who answered my south-beaming CQ. Exciting stuff for this
small pistol! N1MM shows 23-1/2 operating hours but actual BIC time was 27 what
with tuning around a nearly dead band and CQing into the darkness.

Several local PV systems provided constant RFI, particularly toward the
mainland. Best copy required the FT-710 APF to be invoked most of the time. 75%
of Qs were a struggle with many repeats needed. Thanks for working so hard to
complete the Q! Unfortunately, too many QSOs had to be dropped when the other op
continued to regale me with my call sign, his call sign, numerous 5NNs but
rarely their state or serial number carefully timed to coincide with signal
strength dips.

Thank you all for your QSOs and 73!

SFI 127, SN 120
A 4, K 1