[3830] ARRL 10 PJ2T M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ghoward@kent.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 PJ2T M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 00:23:16 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): W0CG K8ND N7NR
Station: PJ2T

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Curacao
Operating Time (hrs): 32
Remote Operation

   CW: 1871   154
  SSB: 1559   129
-------------------
Total: 3430   283  Total Score = 3,000,366

Club: CCC

Comments:

Our small team consisted of K8ND, N7NR, and me (W0CG). We have 31 members in the
PJ2T club, but there was no interest in operating this contest beyond the three
of us. K8ND and I were on site, and N7NR operated remotely, putting in 12 hours
from his home in Huntington Beach. Dave made the most QSOs this weekend, 1523
mostly SSB contacts via the remote. K8ND did most of the rest of the hard work,
and I only operated four hours. We had no separate mult station.

I scripted the entire 48 hours in the operator schedule the week before, and
things went almost exactly as expected except for the very slow start Friday
night after the CME event. Things were back to normal Saturday morning. It’s a
delight to see Europe in such a big way, well remembering the several years we
went here with nary a Europe contact on 10.

Operationally, we had an unexpected thrill Saturday night around 0030 with a
great long path opening to JA and lots of other Asia. K8ND was lucky to be in
that chair at the right moment.

Congratulations to the big scorers, thanks to Jeff and Dave for staffing the
contest, thanks to everyone for being on and working us, and happy holidays to
all.

     73 from the warm, beautiful deep tropics,

-       Geoff, W0CG, PJ2DX