[3830] ARRL 10 KG9X SO CW Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fred.kg9x@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KG9X SO CW Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 00:10:52 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: KG9X
Operator(s): KG9X
Station: KG9X

Class: SO CW Unlimited LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 24:30

   CW: 1200   150
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1200   150  Total Score = 720,000

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Lots of CW fun in this one.  Friday evening start came just a little too late
for a good start.  JA's faded out 30min before the start.  Even couldn't get a
CA in the log.  VK & ZL best.  Then the band was dead except for the pop ups
signals for seconds.  You have to be sending fast and patient.  I try to spot
all the signals that I hear when this is happening.

Saturday morning got in the shack at 12:10Z.  Was hearing very weak EU and East
US but they couldn't hear me.  First Q PW2E 12:58Z.  Then EU started to come
back to my calls 13:10Z.  Sunday morning much the same.  Noted signals PZ5RK,
FY5KE and VP2VMM.  All S9+ at 12:30Z ish.  Then 40 minutes later EU in log.
Both late afternoons starting around 22:00Z had good JA runs.  I'm very happy
with the JK antennas here.  I can hear very well.  Just can't work everything
that I hear with low power.  Probably a dozen or so mult's that I was unable to
work.

I did a LOT of SO2V.  Glad I decided to do SOULP.  Sure is MUCH easier when
operating with spotting help, not like I did in the 160M contest.  TNX for all
the Q's everyone!

73,  Fred  KG9X

K4D, AL1500, N1MM+, 160M 100FT Shunt Fed Tower TX HI-Z 4-8Pro in Winter RX, 80M
Sloping Dipole, 40M JK 402T at 110FT and Inv V at 35FT, 20-10M JK Big Tri at
100FT and C31XR JK at 50FT, 6M 7EL HB LFA at 105FT.