[3830] ARRL 10 N1SFE SO SSB Limited-Ant LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N1SFE SO SSB Limited-Ant LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 21:02:57 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: N1SFE
Operator(s): N1SFE
Station: N1SFE

Class: SO SSB LP
Class Overlay: Limited-Ant
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 8.0

   CW:
  SSB:  116    45
-------------------
Total:  116    45  Total Score = 10,440

Club: HQ DOODS RECREATIONAL DEPLOYMENT TEAM

Comments:

The contest started off dreadfully slow on Friday night, I wasn't hearing anyone
on the bands. Finally gave up after about an hour, only working one local
station. Quite different from my first 10-Meter contest in 2020, when the bands
open on Friday night. Saturday morning, I got down in the shack soon before my
first cup of coffee to see what the conditions were. Not bad, I worked a local
station, and the band seemed to be open to Spain and the Canary Islands. I took
a quick break for breakfast, and conditions improved greatly. Due to family
obligations, I wasn't' able to operate Saturday afternoon. I put 41 Q's in the
log Saturday after about 3.25 hours of operating.

Sunday morning conditions were still pretty good, with plenty of DX early on,
and then the stateside stations started coming in. All told, I put 116 Q's in
the log, with a couple of unexpected Mults (Australia and Alaska) at the close
of my operating time.

73,
-Paul N1SFE