[3830] ARRL 10 VA4JP SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va4jp@va4jp.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VA4JP SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 20:50:49 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: VA4JP
Operator(s): VA4JP
Station: VA4JP

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: Steinbach, MB
Operating Time (hrs): 1:15

   CW:  19      8
  SSB:   3      2
-------------------
Total:  22     10  Total Score = 820

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Had not anticipated operating for health reasons. Felt pretty good Saturday
afternoon so I set up the only rig we have left (Ten Tec 580 Delta) along with a
mobile antenna and a couple of radials sitting on the living room floor and went
at it. I got on very late and found the band nearly dead. Worked four Qs and
came back Sunday morning. Conditions were decent and I found 18 more Qs and 7
mults on CW. The NCCC contingent were everywhere. Too bad they're in just one
big mult!

I must apologize to all, especially K1TO, for my really ugly sending on CW. I
have no manual CW key so I had to wire one side of my Bencher paddle to the rig
and send with the thing sitting on it's side. It worked but I had no rhythm to
speak of since it has been so long since I have send CW manually.

Could not be on for long but it was fun. Hopefully I'll be able to return to
contesting at some point in the future.