[3830] ARRL 10 VE9AA SO CW Limited-Ant HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VE9AA SO CW Limited-Ant HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 17:29:14 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SO CW HP
Class Overlay: Limited-Ant
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 8:07

   CW: 1000
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1000   120  Total Score = 480,000

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

(Especially revised for 2023)

‘Twas the nite before TEN opened, and all through the shack,
Not a signal was stirring, ‘cuz outside it was black.
The phased dipoles were hung, ‘round the tower with care,
In hopes that strong signals,
soon would be there.

The harmonics were nestled, like bugs in their beds,
while visions of pileups, danced in their heads.
With me in my LongJohns and Mom in her sarong,
We wondered about sunspots and if we’d work Hong Kong.

When out on the snow, there arose such a mess,
I sprang from my bed, and forgot to get dressed.
Away to the window, I flew like a streaker,
Broke open the amp and became a weak QRPer.

The coax was tore and the QRO amp,
Lay dead on the floor  and the ‘Test was now damped.
But what do my wondering eyes, should suddenly see here?
…but a jolly round elf packing stacked Yagis and deer !

With that little ol’ op, so adept at the keyer,
This could be our good luck, if only DX would actually beam here...
More QRQ than ZF1A and with power to spare.
Now Dasher, now Dotter, now all deer he yelled proud,
We’re doing this right and we're going for ‘LPL loud!

On Meteor, Aurora and Backscatter too!
We’ll work everyone folks, ‘til the tubes they turn blue.
To the top of the hill, we ran with our amps, us,
Now dash away, dot away, space cadets and that ol’ Krampus.

The BPF’s are now cool, before the current that flows,
I will rid you of keyclicks, splatter and Tim K3LR knows.
So up to the house-top, BIG signals they flew,
With yagis, a new amp and St. Nicholas too.
.

And then at 0 Zulu, I heard up near the flue,
DX being worked, like Dans’ 2BSIQ.
As I logged with N1MM (plus version of course),
St. Nick was working JA’s, SSB and on Morse.

He was dressed all in fur and looking alive,
And his clothes were all sweaty from working a P5.
A bundle of hardline, he just threw on his back,
He resembled a copper thief, who would never come back.

His eyes how they looked, his cheeks were puffed out,
From an SSB pileup, that he commanded with clout.
His droll little mouth, behind the headset from Yamaha,
Did not conceal, his multimode stamina!

The stump of his pipe, he held tight in his face,
As DX was calling, and this was a race !
He had a wry smile, like big bellied old men,
From sitting too much, working honour roll on Ten.

He was fat but fast, that right happy King elf,
I looked in the mirror, and imagined myself.
A wink of his eye and a twist of the key,
He sent 5NN and worked ZF5T.

He spoke vy few words, as he worked the heavenly CW,
This rate behavior lads, it’s just like at TI7W.
He filled all the stockings and,
Between contacts he said,
Once I am done, Mike, I will say my call & QRZ
(I am beaming South now and will work NP4Z !)

Laying a wee finger, up the side of his nose,
He started another pileup and the din, it arose.
This is VE9-Santa and we are here in N-B,
Tell the ARRL guys , no MAR in ‘23!
Hey folks of the radio realm please listen in kind
I’ll work you all quickly and leave no multiplier behind.

One last little rush was not in the way
An Auroral bounce Q with KL7RA
He had to go soon, the pileups were now done
He filled a big logbook and was near ending this fun

As the merry old dude rolled away on his Harley
He was still over S9 @ D4C
From his bike to his sled with a nod and a sway,
He worked the last contact Mobile-(Long Path to K3PA)

Away the NB log flew, to the A-Double R-L,
I’ll be back next year good people -perhaps from Sable?

He yelled with QSB, and went *poof* out of sight,
MX, 73 and to all a GN !
Merry Christmas from New Brunswick, Canada
de Mike VE9AA and family

*QZB* Means: You're all zero beat ; pse use ur XIT +/- !

CU (all of a sudden!) in the next one.

Mike VE9AA , “NB”
(oh, and just say NO to cut #’s in serial # contests pse guys.)