[3830] ARRL 160 K3UA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K3UA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2023 15:17:24 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: K3UA
Operator(s): K3UA
Station: K3UA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WPA

Total:  QSOs = 80  Sections = 27  Countries = 0  Total Score = 4,320

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

We had just moved into our new carriage home the day before the 160 Test so no
antennas up yet.  So of course I could not let a 160 Test go by without at least
trying to work some folks using any kinda wire thrown together.

So I used an 80M dipole that I already had assembled and added 66 more feet of
wire to one end.  I had a small ham shack room at the new place and quickly
taped the entire 195 foot long off center dipole to the shack wall.

Running a paltry 30 watts or so with my K3 I was able to squeak into 80 logs
with lotsa of due diligence by many of the stations being worked.  Thanks to all
who really worked to successfully copy me.

73,

Phil K3UA