[3830] CWopsT KG5U Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg5u@att.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT KG5U Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2023 14:12:04 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Dec 6

Call: KG5U
Operator(s): KG5U
Station: KG5U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

Total:  99  Mults = 95  Total Score = 9,405

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

Inauspicious opening...99% caused by my lack of 'planning'..like being in the
chair 15-30 minutes before the start...As the start approached the '2 minute
warning', I reached under the table, grabbed the headphones off their hook and
found the right ear muff had slipped off. Disconnected the heil headphones from
the vhf/uhf radio, dove under the desk and lying on the floor, blindly felt my
was along the rear panel of the K4 and plugged in the heil headphones. ooched
back out from under the desk and had my first qso at 4 minutes after the start.
During CQ's I visualized the schematic for a headphone switchbox I'm going to
make today. In retrospect I should have tried on the Koss headphones and
tolerated the inequality of the phones audio. I love the CWTs...always something
new and unexpected--again, a lot of it my own undoing.
Thanks to all for the QSOs.
73,
Dale, KG5U
Station: Elecraft K4D, WKUSB keyer, Kent paddles
Antennas: 80m Inv Vee @ 70ft, 40m Inv Vee @ 65ft, AV-640 GM Vert (20-15-10)
Software: N1MM+