[3830] FT RUp K1DC SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1dc.radio@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] FT RUp K1DC SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2023 16:30:58 +0000
                    FT Roundup - 2023

Call: K1DC
Operator(s): K1DC
Station: K1DC

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 10.5

   80:    0
Total:  357  State/Prov = 47  Countries = 28  Total Score = 26,775

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This year's effort was casual; I had commitments on Friday night and all day
Saturday.  I stuck mostly to the higher, daylight bands due to my schedule. I
was able to dip my mouse into 40 for a short while after dark and I found quite
busy.  I tried to stay with FT4 as long as there were stations to work only
switching to FT8 to hunt for mults, or if when I had run the table on FT4.  Let
me tell you, switching to FT8 after running on FT4 is V E R Y  P A I N F U L.
To quote my Dad, "Slower than molassas in Janurary!".  While running
on FT8 I did try skipping TX5 ("73") to call the next station.  This
worked about 50% of the time so I may elect to do that in future contests.

Despite running 80 into low wire antennas I was able to work most stations I
heard although a few notable misses were 4U1WB (World Bank ARC) and both KH6 and
KL7s.  Ironically, I did work a KL7 30min _after_ the end of the contest - DOH!
I do feel like I continue to stay with a band longer than I should, trying to
squeeze the last Qs from it -- I need to work on that.

All-in-all a quite enjoyable way to spend a rainy Sunday!