[3830] ARRL 160 AE0EE Single Op Limited-Ant LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ae0ee@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 AE0EE Single Op Limited-Ant LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2023 04:09:36 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: AE0EE
Operator(s): AE0EE
Station: AE0EE

Class: Single Op LP
Class Overlay: Limited-Ant
QTH: MN

Total:  QSOs = 251  Sections = 51  Countries = 0  Total Score = 25,602

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

100 W, dipole up 5-10 m, keyed entirely on a Vibroplex bug.

For this contest I was mostly running, though the rates generally weren't very
good except for a couple streaks on Friday night.  Conditions were pretty bad.
The first night almost no stations west of the Missouri River were heard, and
only a handful the second night.  I only heard a few stations from 1-land.
However, in a pleasantly surprising turn of events, it only took three contacts
to get Delaware!

In another surprise twist, I was able to hear PJ2 and FY a bunch of times
through the contest, but never so much as to work them.  KP2 was on and probably
would've been workable had they not been so close to a very loud local station.

One of my last contacts was with KH6, coming right around sunrise on Sunday
morning.  I'd heard them several times through the night/morning, but they
finally came up enough to work.

Another fun thing about this contest was getting to work so many local stations
that, as someone who tends to favor the high bands, I rarely hear and even more
rarely work.

Hopefully conditions are better for the Stew Perry TBDC later this month!