[3830] ARRL 160 K0ACP SO Unlimited Limited-Ant LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K0ACP SO Unlimited Limited-Ant LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 21:43:43 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: K0ACP
Operator(s): K0ACP
Station: K0ACP

Class: SO Unlimited LP
Class Overlay: Limited-Ant
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 11.75

Total:  QSOs = 303  Sections = 47  Countries = 2  Total Score = 28,482

The first of the 160m contests is behind us for the 23-24 season.  Kathy, my
xyl-KD0JHX, and I finished loop installation Friday afternoon.  It was good to
have my loop back.  Still didn't have time to the AH-4 autotuner connected so
ran with the K4's internal tuner.  I think the loop will be good, but need to
get the autotuner hooked up.  That will be a Saturday afternoon project prior to
the Big Stew in a couple of weeks.

Always love to work 160m this contest was a tad challenging as the band was in
rough shape for me with the solar storm and virtually no propagation through
Sunday morning.  After 8 hrs of work, I only had 220 q's.  then Sunday morning
got up about 5:30 local and made 80 q's in 2.5 hrs...  Guess you always need
something to fuss about.  At least the band was quiet - or so the loop made it
that way.

Getting more comfortable running and did so most of Sunday morning, aside from
being really tired, it was good, I will try some more for the Stew and likely
use the NAQPCW for more training/practice.

This was the first contest with the new antenna switch, which worked flawlessly,
didn't really need it for this outing as I only have the loop on 160, but was a
great way to compare loop to G5.  Overall the loop seems to be about 2 sUnits
louder across the board.

Always good to work familiar calls/friends and saw a bunch of new ones.  Thanks
to all who worked this contest passing out q's, I ask for the indulgence for
those that worked me while I was practicing my running skills.  And thanks to
the ARRL and staff that organized this fun event.  I'm not much of a 10m guy, so
see you all in the Stew!

73 es God Bless,

Art / K0ACP