[3830] ARRL 160 K3KU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K3KU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 18:37:09 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 4:07

Total:  QSOs = 279  Sections = 40  Countries = 1  Total Score = 23,001

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

3-1/2 hours Saturday evening, 1/2 hour Sunday morning (around sunrise).  Lots of
activity on the East coast, but not much propagation.  Only QSOs west of the
Mississippi River were two MO -- not even one MN.  The only other western
station I heard was a Big Gun from 7-Land who CQed (not very loudly) on my run
freq Saturday night.  I did not even hear anybody work a more westerly QSO, nor
Europe.

I got all the W1, W2, W3, W4, W8, W9 Sections except WCF (Huh!?!?).  Only other
USA were the two MOs and one IA.  In Canada it was Worked All Ontario (a
new-to-me ONN, and I'm not going to tell you the call), QC and NS.  Only DX was
ZF; a V26 CQed in my face.

About 85% of QSOs were from CQ.  Several fresh meat runs, including my first 12
QSOs at 194/hr.  That might be an all-time high, except I consider the run too
short to qualify.