[3830] ARRL 160 K8MR Single Op Limited-Ant LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K8MR Single Op Limited-Ant LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 18:32:29 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
Class Overlay: Limited-Ant
QTH: WCF

Total:  QSOs = 10  Sections = 4  Countries = 2  Total Score = 156

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

In the *very* limited antenna category. A few days back I put up the 160M
inverted L which had worked reasonably well last year, but was totally FUBAR
this year. Investigation will resume in a few days after it cools off. So I
force fed the 80M OCF, which barely worked. Of my 10 QSOs, 5 were NFL, and one
almost (NO9E in very southern Georgia). PJ2T and ZF2VE were easy, KP4AA took
some time. Only the very loudest had enough of a path from me. N4BP, who
mentioned local line noise in his post, and W4FOC operating from Tampa in WCF
were called lots without a "?".

Looking for better success in the 10M contest this weekend.

73  - Jim  K8MR