[3830] ARRL 160 NN4RB SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, NN4RB@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 NN4RB SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 17:37:19 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: FM07ii
Operating Time (hrs): 11:06

Total:  QSOs = 203  Sections = 49  Countries = 5  Total Score = 23,274

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

During the contest I set my goal to do as good as last year or improve.  I
managed to get a few contacts more, but a couple of less multipliers.  The score
beat last year's by 202 points.  So, by that scale, things were a success.
Locals worked included N3CW, K4XL, and N4UA.  I also heard, N4DB, KC4D, N3MN,
N3AC, and N2QT.  When Mark  (N2QT) was transmitting, I could tell that because
the AGC went up and the spectrum monitor peaked.  I suspect he was keeping the
shack warm with his amp.  I ran low power, as usual, and checking an retuning
the amp is something I don't normally check.  I got caught a few times of not
checking the antenna and was warned of high SWR.  Saturday during the
non-productive daylight hours, I setup the tuner to follow the reported
frequency of N1MM+.  That worked well, if I waited long enough to wait for the
motors to stop.  That was caused by changing frequencies far away to get a new
multiplier that popped up.  At 100 watts, I can usually work the ones I hear.  I
can't seem to hear those passed the Rockies with any success.  I do like this
contest and had some fun.  The little ones in the house were mostly quiet, but I
may owe that to my Sony noise cancelling head phones.

Rick Brown
NN4RB

ICOM IC-7610
80-Meter Optimized Dipole fed as a 48' vertical
500' Bidirectional Beverage NE and SW orientation