[3830] ARRL 160 K8CN Single Op Limited-Ant LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K8CN Single Op Limited-Ant LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 17:29:37 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op LP
Class Overlay: Limited-Ant
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 4.5

Total:  QSOs = 149  Sections = 35  Countries = 0  Total Score = 10,430

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I am always curious about what can be worked on 160 with a terrible antenna
(mine!).  My only regular sampling of the band is Thursday nights for the final
2 minutes of the NCCC sprint sessions, and that's hardly representative.  On the
other end of the sampling scale is my full overnight shifts at K1RX for the CQWW
CW and ARRL DX CW contests - it helps to run 1500 watts into a 4-square.

The only DX heard, not worked, was ZF2VE - nice signal up here in NH, Gerry!
Best 'DX' on the continent was North Dakota, a true rarity since I struggle to
work much south of the Mid-Atlantic or west of Illinois/Wisconsin.

Thanks to all who gamely tried to copy my weak signals!

73,
Mike, K8CN

Rig: K3/100 at 95 watts; 135 ft long center fed doublet about 25 feet up at best