[3830] ARRL 160 VA1RST SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 VA1RST SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 17:20:22 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: VA1RST
Operator(s): VA1RST
Station: VA1RST

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Nova Scotia

Total:  QSOs = 224  Sections = 47  Countries = 12  Total Score = 29,618

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Brutal! Thanks for the Q's and patience as I was switching between RX antennas
and main TX antenna to extract your signal out of the noise. A big thank you to
those who paid attention to the partial call I was sending in order to contact
you!

0430 to 0530 on Friday night was the magic EU QSO time, all during a RUN session
on 1833.6  That netted 11 of the 12 countries that were contacted, a big thank
you!

I missed Frank, VO1HP during this contest as he has hung up his 160 antenna.

A new reversible BOG was in service for this one, the UM-4 225'coax reversible
affair.  Really helped into EU and NA along with the SAL-20. Lots of switching
back and forth to capture the callsigns. Tony VE1ZA was on for my NS section, a
couple of other were on but never showed up in my knob turning!

Thanks to K7QA-MT, K7NJ-UT, K0RF-CO for the calls when I was running. No West
coast was heard at all from my spot here in urban Halifax.

Elecraft K3s, Palstar LA-1K amplifier 600 watts, K2AV Inverted L over FCP for
TX.

73, Roger VA1RST