[3830] ARRL 160 N9TF SO Unlimited Limited-Ant LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N9TF SO Unlimited Limited-Ant LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 16:40:11 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SO Unlimited LP
Class Overlay: Limited-Ant
QTH: Clarksville TN

Total:  QSOs = 533  Sections = 60  Countries = 6  Total Score = 71,544

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

WOW! Rough sailing the first night. High noise level with lots of snap crackle
and pop, and fast deep QSB, made copying calls a bit difficult. Wasn't sure how
well my recently assembled inverted L wire, to the 6BTV, would perform. Although
conditions were terrible, I was very happy to break over 500 Qs with 6 DX
included in the total. Even had good luck running. I was rewarded with TM6M
answering my CQ late Friday night, and also K7RAT in OR. also calling in.
DX first night were F, ZF, and PJ2.
Conditions were better Saturday night. At least the solar storm settled down,
noise floor dropped , and west coast was making it east. Managed KH6 and two CA
sections Saturday night with better prop to the west and lower noise. No EU
heard or worked Saturday night, but picked up XE, FY and P40. I happened to
catch my call spotted from P40L skimmer during one of my runs, and quickly qsyed
to their run freq. A bit of a pileup but I eventually made it through. Great
ears down there guys!
As rough and headachie as the conditions were I had fun. The little shorty
inverted L performed lots better than I thought it would, especially with low
power.

Thanks for all the Qs!

73 Gene, N9TF
K3S 100 watts to Inverted L 25' high fed from 6BTV ground mounted.