[3830] ARRL 160 KG9X Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fred.kg9x@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KG9X Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 14:02:53 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: KG9X
Operator(s): KG9X
Station: KG9X

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 25:47

Total:  QSOs = 800  Sections = 74  Countries = 10  Total Score = 136,920

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

First night spent a lot of time SO2V while it was slow running.  That's a lot of
work on 160M with no spotting help!  2nd night did a lot more running and less
SO2V.  Biggest surprise and delight was while running at 0730Z the first morning
being called by GM4Z and TM6M within seconds of each other with great Q5
signals.  Shortly after that S&P found G6XX.  Otherwise only a few more EU
were heard and not worked earlier.  A couple CA and VE mults were heard and
missed along with a few more DX.  I am hearing KH6 at 13:35 Sunday morning but
can't find any new stations to work.  Very pleased with the HI-Z RX array but
wish I also had a low dipole too.  Lots of very low rate hours spent in this
one. My ears are ringing with what I think are calls just from the band noise.
:>) Score is lower than in previous years.  Condx or turn out or maybe both.

73,  Fred  KG9X

K4D, AL1500, N1MM+, 160M 100FT Shunt Fed Tower TX HI-Z 4-8Pro in Winter RX, 80M
Sloping Dipole, 40M JK 402T at 110FT and Inv V at 35FT, 20-10M JK Big Tri at
100FT and C31XR JK at 50FT, 6M 7EL HB LFA at 105FT.