[3830] ARRL 160 VE6TL Single Op Limited-Ant HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 VE6TL Single Op Limited-Ant HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 13:57:57 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: VE6TL
Operator(s): VE6TL
Station: VE6TL

Class: Single Op HP
Class Overlay: Limited-Ant
QTH:

Total:  QSOs = 92  Sections = 29  Countries = 0  Total Score = 5,336

Very similar score to last year as condx were horrible.  Last year, I went low
power as my old Yaesu amp was no longer working and still managed exotic
multipliers like Hawaii, Maine and STX (exotic for me in AB).  This year, prop
limited me to western NA, as far south as NM and AZ and as far east as Chicago.
My newly acquired KPA500 and KAT500 allowed for up to 500W on the shunt-fed 40'
tower but even this "high power" only served to warm the clouds above.
With the same antenna and 400W in 2017, I managed 51 sections and 3 countries in
2 hours (and double the present score), so I know this weekend's condx are about
as poor as they can get.

Jerry VE6TL
Calgary, AB

FTdx5000mp