[3830] ARRL 160 DQ2C(DL2SAX) Single Op Limited-Ant HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, harald.gerlach@hs-neu-ulm.de
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 DQ2C(DL2SAX) Single Op Limited-Ant HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 10:53:44 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: DQ2C
Operator(s): DL2SAX
Station: DQ2C

Class: Single Op HP
Class Overlay: Limited-Ant
QTH: JN48xk
Operating Time (hrs): 7h

Total:  QSOs = 57  Sections = 31  Countries = 0  Total Score = 3,534

This contest was disappointing.

We had a new beverage with 200m pointing to stateside and the arrl160 should be
the first proof for it and we want to hear now also smaller stations. But the
result was:
00:00z: no station
02:00z: no station
03:24z: the first one, but very weak.
After the first night I got only 51 qs, but only with the big guns in
S&P-Mode. Cqing gave me only one q. The hope was second night will be
better, because the k-index went during the day from 5 to 1. But the result was
more disappointing. Only 5 additinal qs during five hours of hard work until
sunrise.

During the contest the new beverage became a boS-beverage (beverage on snow)
:-). May be this was the reason for the bad receiving performance. If the
snowing goes on, we will have a bis (beverage in snow).

Best 73s to all participants

Harald, DL2SAX@DQ2C