[3830] CQWW CW AD1C SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW AD1C SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2023 14:43:22 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: AD1C
Operator(s): AD1C
Station: AD1C

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Colorado
Operating Time (hrs): 32.5

   40:  187    31       79
   20:  219    31       86
   15:  293    31      103
   10:  282    29       81
------------------------------
Total:  981   122      349  Total Score = 1,253,331

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Radio:     ICOM IC-7610, 100 watts
Antennas:  Hy-Gain AV-640 multi-band vertical
           1/2 size G5RV dipole in attic
Software:  WriteLog for Windows

This was the first time in recent memory when I could enjoy the contest without
thinking about work all weekend.  It put me in a much better frame of mind.

My score is in the neighborhood of my second-highest score for this contest.

Propagation was interesting.  I worked most of my European multipliers on 20m
Saturday morning when 15m and 10m weren't so good.  European sunrise on 40m was
decent on both days.  It was nice (and relatively easy) to get Zone 28 on 4
bands (4W8X).  I worked China on 4 bands.  I don't think that has ever happened
before.

Sunday morning, 10m finally opened to Europe for an hour.  I jumped to 15m to
pick up a half-dozen multipliers and when I returned to 10m about 20 minutes
later, the opening had mostly closed except for a few northern European
stations.

Where were all the ZLs this year?  On the other hand, Zone 39 was well
represented (3B8, 3B9, FR).

I was curious how the Rumble in the Jungle was playing out, so I monitored the
online scoreboard a little. I eventually connected to it sometime Sunday
afternoon.  I managed to climb from 38th place in my category to 35th place.  I
wonder what effect, if any, the scoreboard had?

Thank you to everyone who journeyed near and far for this year's contest!

Callsigns worked on all 4 bands:

3B8M, 4W8X, 8P5A, 9Z4A, AB2E/VP9, C6AQQ, CE2LR, CN3A, CR3A, CR3W, CR6K, CT3KN,
D4C, DF0HQ, EA8RM, ED1R, ED7W, EF6T, HO2T, HQ9X, II9P, JA3YBK, JA7ZFN, JE6RPM,
JF1NHD, JH7QXJ, JH8YOH, JI0VWL, JJ2YRM, JR2GRX, JS1OYN, KH6LC, KL7RA, LN8W,
LP1H, M6T, NP4Z, OX7AM, P40L, P44W, PJ2T, PJ4A, PJ4K, PX2A, PZ5CO, TI7W, TM1A,
TO7A, V26K, V47T, VA2WA, VA3FF, VA7ST, VC7M, VE3EJ, VE3VN, VE7SZ, VE9AA, VK1A,
VO2AC, XE2AD, XL3A, XM3A, ZF1A, ZF2SS, ZL7IO, ZY2A

Countries by Band:

          160M    80M    40M    20M    15M    10M   Total

   3B8                     1      1      1      1       4
   3B9                                   1              1
   3D2                     1             1      1       3
    3V                                   1              1
    4W                     1      1      1      1       4
    5B                     1             1              2
    5W                                   1      1       2
    5Z                     1                            1
    6Y                     1             1      1       3
    7Q                                          1       1
    8P                     1      2      1      1       5
    9A                     4      2      3      3      12
    9H                                   1              1
   9M6                     1                    1       2
    9Y                     1      1      1      1       4
    BY                     1      1      1      3       6
    C3                     1      1      1              3
    C6                     2      1      2      2       7
    CE                     2      1      4      9      16
    CM                     1      1      1      1       4
    CN                     1      1      1      1       4
    CT                     1      1      1      1       4
   CT3                     3      3      3      3      12
    CX                            1      1      4       6
    D4                     1      1      1      1       4
    DL                     5      6     13     14      38
    DU                                   1              1
    E7                            1      1              2
    EA                     6      7      9      7      29
   EA6                     1      1      1      1       4
   EA8                     2      2      2      2       8
    EI                     1      1      1      2       5
    ER                                   1              1
    ES                     1      1      1              3
    EU                     1      1      1              3
     F                     3      2      5      4      14
    FG                                   1              1
    FM                     1      1      1      1       4
    FR                                   1      1       2
    FW                     1             1      1       3
    FY                            1      1      1       3
     G                     3      1      4      5      13
    GD                            1      1              2
    GI                                   1              1
    GM                     1      1      1      3       6
  GM/s                            1      1              2
    GW                                          1       1
    HA                     1      8      6      2      17
    HB                     1             2      1       4
    HC                            1             1       2
    HI                                   1              1
    HK                                   1              1
    HL                            1             1       2
    HP                     1      1      1      1       4
    HR                     1      1      1      1       4
     I                     6      3      9      8      26
   IT9                     1      2      1      2       6
    J3                                   1              1
    JA                    28     29     42     60     159
     K                     5      1      7      3      16
   KH2                     1      1      1      1       4
   KH6                     1      3      4      4      12
 KH8/s                     1             1      1       3
    KL                     1      3      2      4      10
   KP2                            1             2       3
   KP4                     3      2      3      2      10
    LA                     1      1      1      1       4
    LU                     1      4      5      9      19
    LX                                          1       1
    LY                     1      1      1              3
    LZ                     2      2      1              5
    OA                            1      1      2       4
    OE                     1                            1
    OH                     2      7      7             16
   OH0                     1      2      1              4
    OK                     2      1      7      3      13
    OM                     2      2      2              6
    ON                            1      3      2       6
    OX                     1      1      1      1       4
    OZ                            1      1              2
    P4                     2      2      2      2       8
    PA                            1      4      5      10
   PJ2                     1      1      1      1       4
   PJ4                     2      2      2      2       8
   PJ7                            1      1      1       3
    PY                     3      6      7     17      33
    PZ                     1      1      1      1       4
    S5                     2      3      5      1      11
    SM                     1      3      3              7
    SP                     1      4      6             11
    TA                                   1              1
    TF                            1      1      1       3
    TI                     1      1      1      3       6
    TK                     1             1      1       3
    UA                     5      4      7             16
   UA2                                   1              1
   UA9                     2      3      2      1       8
    UN                            1                     1
    UR                            1                     1
    V2                     1      1      1      1       4
    V3                            1      1      1       3
    V4                     1      1      1      1       4
    VE                    27     33     31     28     119
    VK                     4      4      2      5      15
   VP5                     1      1                     2
   VP9                     1      1      1      1       4
    VR                                          1       1
    XE                     5      4      3      4      16
    YB                     1                            1
    YL                     1      2      2              5
    YO                            2                     2
    YU                     2      2      4      2      10
    YV                                   1      1       2
    Z3                                   1              1
    ZF                     2      2      2      3       9
    ZL                     1             1      3       5
   ZL7                     1      1      1      1       4
    ZS                            1      1      1       3