[3830] CQWW CW YL4U(@YL1ZF) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW YL4U(@YL1ZF) M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2023 11:01:33 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: YL4U
Operator(s): YL1ZF YL2KL YL2KF YL2HB YL3JA
Station: YL1ZF

Class: M/S LP
QTH:

  160:  238     9       50
   80:  884    21       85
   40:  680    29      100
   20:  494    34      110
   15:  363    31      119
   10:  405    25      110
------------------------------

Club: Latvian Contest Club

Comments:

This was a nice joint operation that needed some time to prepare for.

Our goal was to set a new Latvian and maybe Baltic states record, we
successfully did that.

We managed to get an inband station working with a fixed tribander and dipoles
for 40/80m. That gave us a decent amount of QSOs. We had some problems with it
during the first night, but later on it worked fine.

It was fun to have three operating positions. We didn’t had strict operating
schedules.

Propagation was quite strange here, we are still unsure what caused our main
yagi antenna to work completely opposite. Everything was 180 degrees off,
propagation or antenna, not sure.

Rate was somewhat okay, and MULT position gave us a lot of juicy mults.

Very simple setup:
2x FTdx10
1x IC-7300
2x tribander + wires
Triplexer and BPF.

Cu in the next ones.

P.S.
Check out my interview with Kevin W1DED we did it just before the contest:
https://youtu.be/3mP2vXe9PMw?si=xIndXlrew5Qs-Vdr

Kris
YL3JA