[3830] CQWW CW VK1A(VK2IA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VK1A(VK2IA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 06:42:12 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: VK1A
Operator(s): VK2IA
Station: VK1A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VK/ZL
Operating Time (hrs): 46
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    4     3        4
   80:  109    28       53
   40: 1168    32       91
   20:  831    33       96
   15: 1148    33       92
   10: 1085    32       85
------------------------------

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

What a great contest! After I had to give last year's CQWW CW a miss due to
health issues, I thoroughly enjoyed riding the big wave again this year.

Condx were causing a bit of a mental roller coaster for me: Exciting to see the
high bands wide open with loud signals from NA at the start, they took a dive
after the solar flare hit making 10 and 15 sound like 23cm in time when I was
getting ready for our most productive run time to NA just after our sunrise on
Sunday morning. 20 was ok as an alternative, but nothing can beat 10 or 15.

Did a lot of S&P on the 2nd radio which helped to boost multipliers close to
a total of 590 which is a personal best from mainland VK for me. It also helped
to exceed my current VK record (VK6AA in 2011) by a margin that may not be big
enough to survive log checking.

In terms of QSO numbers I was hoping for a few hundred more, but hey, you cannot
have everything you wish for...

Thank you all for the QSOs and a most enjoyable weekend.
73
Bernd VK2IA