[3830] CQWW CW WU6P(@N6RO) SO(A)SB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WU6P(@N6RO) SO(A)SB20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 22:27:48 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: WU6P
Operator(s): WU6P
Station: N6RO

Class: SO(A)SB20 HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Remote Operation

   20: 1047    36      120
------------------------------
Total: 1047    36      120  Total Score = 414,180

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This year, the N6RO team decide to do something different, instead of the normal
MM, we will do SB breakouts. I took the 20m band.
It is always fun to operate from the superstation. This time, I have to do
remote operation, and the whole system supports it well.
I also have a new toy, steam Deck plus just arrived (to replace the old stream
deck), and programed the knobs and buttons, so this is the 1st real test. (the
Stream Deck plus controls the FRStack, to the FLexradio). Everything works fine
and adds to the operation comforts.
Since I am remote operated, there is no local AMPs to heat things up, I am happy
that I prepared the local operation area well and comfortable.

The operation itself is rather smooth. A few highlights:
. Break the pileup to 3B8M, I am lucky enough and have not much trouble. Great
operators there.
. Believe or not, I actually had a hard time break the KR2M pileup. He is
strong, so is the pileup. Fortunately he found me later.
. Another loud signal but hard to break pileup is V31CQ.  Takes a few different
tries to get him.
. Though I had one beam to Zone 29 for a long time, I can not break the VK6 and
VK9 pipleups. Bob/K3EST give me a tip to work long path instead (over the north
of Africa) and that did the trick and get me Zone 29 at late stage.
. When path to EU and Path to JP open, it is really an enjoyment to operate as a
runner. Other times, it is a waiting game.
. I had one case, DQRM (someone key down a long time) impacts me.
. I do not feel the solar flar impact too much, just some when K jumps to 6.

It is a great experience, thanks everyone for the Qs, and thanks Ken/N6RO for
the great station.
See you in the next contest.

73 Nian WU6P