[3830] CQWW CW K5FUV SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K5FUV SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 19:41:51 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K5FUV
Operator(s): K5FUV
Station: K5FUV

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: AR

  160:    9     5        5
   80:   44    10       27
   40:  105    17       51
   20:  140    27       61
   15:  188    28       76
   10:  202    25       70
------------------------------
Total:  688   112      290  Total Score = 754,152

Club: Arkansas DX Assoc

Comments:

Not up to my standards. Conditions seemed to be good, especially the first night
on 80M. But the problem was my time management and sleep management.

I spent too much time the first night on 10, 15, and 20 when I should have been
on 80 and 40. By the time I got there, so was everyone else, and it's hard to
take on all the pileups with 100 watts and a vertical. There were plenty of EUs,
but they couldn't hear me, even the ones that usually do. The morning on 80
yielded no JA, usually I work several, no KH6 (probably timing on my part), and
no JA on 40 either.

The bands were so open that 20 was unusually quiet, but there was plenty on
activity on 15, and even more on 10. Broke a few pileups, missed a few,but still
felt competitive most of the time. Still wishing the stacks on the ground and
the tower on the ground was up, but maybe later. I'm the world's worst
procrastinater.

I wanted to do SO2R this time, and got the RF part worked out with a new
triplexer and bandpass filters, but my old audio box wasn't working like I
wanted/remembered it doing, so scrapped that idea. I'll work that problem out
over the winter.

Still fun, although I may be getting of an age where I need to change to
Classic. I hope not.