[3830] CQWW CW KH7M(N6TJ) SOSB15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N6TJ@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KH7M(N6TJ) SOSB15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 19:34:20 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: KH7M
Operator(s): N6TJ
Station: KH6ZM

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: VOLCANO

   15: 2406    36      105
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 2406    36      105  Total Score = 991,653

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Thank you to Max KH6ZM and his lovely bride Kathy for their wonderful
hospitality. I first came to their home in 2009 and all of my KH7M operations
since have been memorable. Max keeps his station and antennas ready to go and we
never have any issues.  And oh the gourmet meals served as you try and operate.
At least CW is a little more forgiving than trying to SSB with a mouthful

I elected to SB15 again at the last moment. 15 meters is usually fun and the
forecast looked “promising”  But the band here in Hawaii was definitely not
open all night, thus my 16 hours off. But that’s OK. My goals this year were
to (1) stay healthy and (2) to have fun. Mission accomplished

I had 545 JAs in the log (great) and 179 Europeans. Also many more than my last
year’s SB15 results. However, the Sunday morning European pile-up was simply
unmanageable. Everyone zero beat with another. Those who got through knew to QSY
a few HZ off dead center. Do yourself a favor and read my friend Chris KL9A
write up from his TI7W operation this weekend here on 3830.  Amen, Chris. Some
of us have been “thanking” the RBN proponents for this ever since. Obviously
they have never tried to run a EU RBN pile up when everyone is S5 or S6, RBN
zero beat plus add some flutter. CQ WW is still a great contest, scores today
are amazing, but sometimes it was “more fun”, assuming that might be an
important goal too

My first CQ WW contest was from Oregon in 1955. I’ve set a goal of
“competing”, from DX, until the year 2039.  So far, so good. Hoping to not
be complaining about RBN pileups in 2024, and beyond

Thanks for the QSOs.  It was fun

Vy 73,
Jim N6TJ