[3830] CQWW CW NP2J(K8RF) SOSB10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NP2J(K8RF) SOSB10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 15:01:54 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: NP2J
Operator(s): K8RF
Station: NP2J

Class: SOSB10 HP
QTH: St. Croix

   10: 2235    30      102
------------------------------
Total: 2235    30      102  Total Score = 711,612

Since moving this year from the superb QTH I had for the last six years, I am
now down in a valley, a very lousy location. Looking forward to finding a better
QTH.
Not expecting to be able to get out well,
I was initially planning on just fooling around some.

Friday night just did some S&P looking for mults. Did very little CQing.
I was shocked to be able to work VR2XAN. Also D4C was booming in till late in
evening.

Got on late Saturday morning and the band was packed!
Quit the S&P routine and ran them all day except for a few breaks.
Made the mistake of running on a Freq too low in the band, my puny signal was
getting covered up... so finally got wise and moved up way high in the band,
much easier going.

Made my goal of 100 Countries and 2000 QSO's
Ended up doing much better than I expected from this poor location, wish I would
have gotten up earlier both days and taking less breaks! Live and Learn!!

CU in ARRL 10 Meter test.
No antennas up for 160, but I might try and get something up...

Thanks again for all the Fun!!

73
Dan NP2J / K8RF

FTDX101D