[3830] CQWW CW K9CT M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, craig@thompsonet.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K9CT M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 04:17:40 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): KB9OWD AA9H NE9U WT2P N9CK K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Illinois

  160:   71    15       48
   80:  452    27       95
   40: 1411    36      131
   20: 1091    37      133
   15: 1713    38      140
   10: 1429    35      135
------------------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

We had a great time. Propagation had a few bad hours that disrupted our rates
and band openings. K=7 on Saturday added a layer of auroral buzz to the signals.
Sunday was better as the K index dropped.

We originally thought we would break our own record from 2014. Reality sunk in
and we settled for maybe 2nd or 3rd best after log checking. If the propagation
had been good for the entire contest we knew we would knock it our of the park.

It was great to seen activity so high that we had a lot of four operator
operating time. Two running and two interleaving mults and QSOs. We only had a
few hours at night or minutes during the day that the second operator could
rest. We had some surprise openings and strong signals that kept us riveted to
our chairs.

The team worked together very well as they are veteran team members. Not much
sleep for this team.

All the antennas and electronics worked and we only had a few glitches that our
friend Murphy would throw in the mix.

It went below freezing during the first night and the LUSO stopped turning but a
quick trip to the tower and we added a heater to the rotator electronics that
solved that problem. Speaking of weather we got at least three inches of snow on
the second night! Winter wonderland met our eyes Sunday morning as we looked out
side.

As usual, everyone outdid themselves in the dining department. No one leaves
lighter than when they arrived! Weekend of food with some ham radio contesting
thrown in. Thanks to the team for their cooking.

We heard a few bad CW signals over the weekend and we let the operators know
they  need to check their signals. Some blew us off but when you as wide as a
SSB signal you are not a good neighbor.

Thanks for all of the QSOS and especially the fun.

73, Craig K9CT