[3830] CQWW CW K1VR SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hopengarten@post.harvard.edu
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K1VR SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 02:28:15 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K1VR
Operator(s): K1VR
Station: K1VR

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   74    12       42
   80:  174    16       69
   40:  409    25       99
   20:  372    34       96
   15:  344    34      107
   10:  560    34       98
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Saturday I was a DX'er (1,000 QSOs, 400 multipliers), and had a lot of fun
working multipliers. Sunday I lost my internet connection and had no spots from
0100 local (05z) Saturday night/Sunday morning until 1600 local (three hours
before the end of the contest) (no internet for a total of 15 hours). The
problem turned out to be that the ethernet cable was not plugged into the proper
port on the router. How it worked on Saturday (and the previous weeks), but not
Sunday, is a total mystery. How did that cable move by itself? I have no idea.

Oh yes, there were also computer problems that required me to repeatedly restart
the programs. And some hardware problems (to name two: 40 m beam stuck at 60
degrees, middle tribander stuck at 45 degrees). And some antenna problems. Don't
you just love excuses? ;-)