[3830] CQWW CW ZF2SS(KO7SS) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ko7ss@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW ZF2SS(KO7SS) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 00:16:49 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: ZF2SS
Operator(s): KO7SS
Station: ZF2SS

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Cayman Brac

  160:    0     0        0
   80:  334    16       69
   40: 1256    30      114
   20:  550    32      104
   15:  910    33      112
   10: 1350    30      108
------------------------------

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

RIG: K3S / KPA500 / KAT500
ANT: DX Commander 10-40M "Expedition" vertical, Mini-Spiderpole 80M
vertical

This was a great time on Cayman Brac! Full DXpedition mode with 2 verticals
on the beach, the nice QTH photo is on the ZF2SS QRZ.com page.

My wife and I are here for 24 days. 2 weeks ago was the WAE RTTY from here and
now the CQWWCW :) And lots of diving...

Our VRBO rental is 4 miles east of Stan ZF9CW's place on the same North shore.

Verticals next to salt water are MAGIC. I was calling DX way out of my league
and working them. It can be slow here in the mid mornings, EU is fading this
far south and all the beams in W/K are pointed away from ZF. That was the rest
time.

I thought about bringing a 160M base loading coil, it would have made for a few
more points, but decided to travel light. All the radio gear and an extra K3S
and the antenna mini-poles fit into 2 checkable Pelican cases.

Thanks for the Q's!

Bill ZF2SS / KO7SS on the North shore of Cayman Brac