[3830] CQWW CW SJ2W M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW SJ2W M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 00:11:31 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: SJ2W
Operator(s): SA2CLC SA6NIA SE2T SM2LIY SM2VSD SM2WMV
Station: SJ2W

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Da Traesk

  160:   86    13       58
   80:  264    28       96
   40:  935    36      137
   20: 1822    38      141
   15: 1766    37      147
   10:  600    37      137
------------------------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

The first part of the contest was decent until the CMEs hit on Saturday which
caused the bands to be horrible until Sunday morning. It was so bad that we had
issues to work OH0 on 160m. But on Sunday close to sunrise the bands started to
sound a lot better and we were able to work a lot of mults we did not hear
previously, on the lowbands during the day and afternoon. We could also pull
ahead/close in on some of the other competitors when bands were a bit more in
our favour. With aurora we can get some good sporadic highband openings but it
totally kills the lowbands including 40m so when the high band opening closes
there is really nowhere to go.

So, as usual the contest should have been 1.5 days later or earlier and it would
have been really good. So we are quite OK with the result but still waiting to
get a contest like in 2014 where it was pretty much optimal for us, we have not
come  really close to the 15 meg we did back then with a less developed station.
Lets hope it happens next year (Maybe with SM3JLA back?)

We might be QRV in ARRL 10m in two weeks, work us then.

Antennas
160m: 39m vertical
 80m: 4-SQ
 40m: 3/3el + 2/2el + 4-SQ
 20m: 6/6/6el + 5el + 4el @EU
 15m: 6/6/6/6/6el + 6/6el + 5el
 10m: 7/7/7el + 6/6el @EU + 6el @46m
  RX: 10 beverages between 180-500m long

Inband:
32m rotatable tower ~500m away (battery powered)
16el tribander (4/4/8) @27m
2el 40m @32m
Inv Vee 80m @26m

Run: FTDX101MP + ACOM 2000A
Run support: K3
Inband: K3 + ACOM 2000A (shared with run)
Mult 1: K3 + OM3501A
Mult 2: K3 + ACOM 2000A

Software: DXLog (worked really well as usual)

Instagram: sm2wmv_sj2w
http://www.sj2w.se/contest/

SJ2W
All band - All modes
QSOs (with dupes) - By time

| Hr |          |
|    |          |
-----------------
| 00 |      203 |
| 01 |      162 |
| 02 |      159 |
| 03 |      161 |
| 04 |      176 |
| 05 |      115 |
| 06 |       67 |
| 07 |      190 |
| 08 |      177 |
| 09 |      210 |
| 10 |      203 |
| 11 |      176 |
| 12 |      137 |
| 13 |      156 |
| 14 |       85 |
| 15 |      123 |
| 16 |       45 |
| 17 |       86 |
| 18 |       97 |
| 19 |      100 |
| 20 |       84 |
| 21 |       91 |
| 22 |       67 |
| 23 |       91 |
| 00 |       49 |
| 01 |       62 |
| 02 |       43 |
| 03 |       39 |
| 04 |      103 |
| 05 |       81 |
| 06 |       80 |
| 07 |       68 |
| 08 |      114 |
| 09 |      114 |
| 10 |      149 |
| 11 |      128 |
| 12 |      106 |
| 13 |      107 |
| 14 |      109 |
| 15 |      130 |
| 16 |      120 |
| 17 |      131 |
| 18 |      145 |
| 19 |      120 |
| 20 |      100 |
| 21 |      120 |
| 22 |      106 |
| 23 |       94 |
|    |     5579 |

SJ2W - Continents
All band - All modes
QSOs (with dupes)

|   EU   |   NA   |   SA   |   AS   |   AF   |   OC   |
|  41.1% |  40.0% |   2.4% |  13.4% |   1.4% |   1.7% |