[3830] CQWW CW W2UP SO(A)SB15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W2UP SO(A)SB15 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 22:07:25 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: W2UP
Operator(s): W2UP
Station: W2UP

Class: SO(A)SB15 LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs):

   15:  281    26       86
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Well that was painful.  I should have known it was going to be bad when my first
QSO was KH7M and my exchange to him was 5NN1.  I then checked my F-key setup and
saw I had serial number instead of zone in there.  Oops, sorry about that!

Operated just a few hours here and there.  Terrible, fluttery condx on Saturday
with a very poor EU opening. Saw a K index as high as 6.  Turned the radio off
and came back for the Asian opening on 15m later that day.  Significantly
better.  Sunday morning EU opening wasn't great, but lasted 2+ hours.

The tin ears awards go to 7A2A, DU3T and almost every Chinese op.  Called
multiple times with no responses.  OTOH, every JA I called, no matter how weak,
responded.

I created a formula to determine my operating time for future contests: c *
1/(k-index)^2  (c=constant)

73 - Barry W2UP