[3830] CQWW CW N9TF SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N9TF SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 21:52:43 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Clarksville TN
Operating Time (hrs): 14.3

  160:   15     7        8
   80:   35     8       22
   40:  100    18       47
   20:   61    20       39
   15:   54    19       41
   10:   70    13       32
------------------------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Bands had their highs and lows. I guess sometime Saturday afternoon the sun got
active and the A index shot up into the mid to high 30's. Not good for the lower
bands. Mainly S&Pd and chased mults as my BIC time varied due to visiting
family for the weekend. Had to be ready, willing and able to leave the chair at
a moments notice. This was the maiden voyage of the 6BTV with added 160m
inverted L parallel wire at 25' vertical and horizontal out to a 40' spider beam
pole down field about 120' away from the 6BTV. Heard lots of EU both Friday and
Saturday nights on 160, but could only manage one good Q to CT3 and OM between
the two nights. Several others heard me across the pond, but they could never
get my call complete, before the masses tired of the back and forth for the DX
to get my call straight, and began calling over me. Guess I was on the contest
time clock? Got up early Sunday morning before local SR to see what might be
happening on 80 and 160. A index still at 38, darn. No Asia heard here on 160,
and only a couple of JAs heard on 80 weak and AU sounding so went to 40, and
found lots of JA and couple VKs CQing loud. So worked all I heard.
Highlight of the contest was Saturday early evening, breaking four pileups and
working AH2(15M),FW(15m), 4W(40m), and 3B9(20m). 4W and AH2 took some time, but
worth the wait in satisfaction!
Very happy with how the 6BTV performed with the addition of the 160m inverted L
parallel wire. More radial to be done before the weather takes it's winter
turn!

Thanks for all the Qs and hanging in there to make the Q count.

73 Gene, N9TF
K3S 100 watts to 6BTV ground mounted with 160m parallel inverted L wire.