[3830] SS SSB NG1M Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ng1m.radio@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB NG1M Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 19:57:09 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: NG1M
Operator(s): NG1M
Station: NG1M

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: RI
Operating Time (hrs): 8
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    0

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Last year at HP I had a Clean Sweep in 15.5 hours.  Not so this year.

POSITIVES:  I borrowed the Field Day triplexer and associated filters (LP only)
from CTRI Contest Group.  Thx.  And I got my Antenna Genius running for the
first time - simply amazing to switch bands within N1MM without touching
anything else.  A mess of coax & wires on my basement floor, but amazing
still!

NEGATIVES:  Even with all these new-found additions, for reasons I can not
explain, I could not wrap my head around this contest.  I spent Saturday mostly
in a SEARCH mode, not pouncing but just searching for Sections.  Weird.

Sunday I started running, but when you're used to running at HP, LP is a
challenge.  Having said that, being able to call CQ on both 10M & 15M was
quite a treat.  Unfortunately not a lot of folk head me at 100W.

I will have everything integrated & ready for next year - with high power
filters!

Thx for the Qs

Radio: FLEX 6600 & Power Genius XL Amp & Antenna Genius Switch
Antennas: WTRC 2014 TB & wires (lacks 160M)
Logging: N1MM+