[3830] SS SSB W7WA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7wa@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W7WA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 19:35:20 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: W7WA
Operator(s): W7WA
Station: W7WA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:    9
   20:    9

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Just the first and last hour. Had planned to operate the whole thing until my
Alpha 86 went dark and would not restart. Initially thought it might be a
recurrence of a step-start issue experienced before. Turned out to be a flaky
30amp breaker on the shack 240V circuit. The breaker switch had not tripped but
no output. Took the breaker panel off and flicked the switch back and forth and
eventually measured voltage. Years ago I would have got right back on the air
and finished but I used this as an excuse to go watch the UW Husky football game
and the LV F1 race.