[3830] SS SSB N4IW SO Unlimited Limited-Ant LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, davidsimms1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N4IW SO Unlimited Limited-Ant LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 17:14:13 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: N4IW
Operator(s): N4IW
Station: N4IW

Class: SO Unlimited LP
Class Overlay: Limited-Ant
QTH: VA

  160:    0
   10:    7

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

2023 ARRL November Sweepstakes - This was my first ever ARRL November
Sweepstakes.  The required exchange was a little daunting at first but once I
got the hang of it, it was fine.  All of my operations were search and
pounce.  When I first started, I had no idea of trying for a clean sweep, but
early on I worked a few stations that I had considered would be hard to get.
(HI, AK and the western Canadian sections.  Once I realized I had a shot at
it, I concentrated on new sections at the expense of getting many contacts. I
spent many, many hours trying to reach Northern New York, Delaware, and
Newfoundland. I only heard two Northern New York stations, but they never heard
me due to my low power and puny wire antennas.

Locally, I heard NN4RB several times, W4WWQ and actually got to work W1IE as he
was running at the time.  It was a lot of fun, and I learned a whole lot about
the N1MM software.  I had spent a lot of time early in the week setting things
up to run all the WAV automation, but found it to be stilted and a little
slow.  Now while it is fresh on my mind, I’ll tweak all that and be ready
for next year.