[3830] SS SSB NJ4P(K9TI) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9ti@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB NJ4P(K9TI) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 16:14:55 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: NJ4P
Operator(s): K9TI
Station: NJ4P

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 24
OpMode: SO2R

   10:    2

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

First, thank you to all of you that have your call in my log.  I feel there was
more participation than last year.  Plus, did anyone notice how many newer
licensees!?!?  It's fantastic to hear so many operators within the last 2 or 3
years.  Not only newer licensees but also operating a contest, especially one as
challenging as SS. My hats off to all of you!

This has been one of the more competitive contests (as a single op) I have been
in since I started contesting in 2019.  The scoreboard is so motivating,
especially in the final couple of hours.  It was such a close race between W4NF,
K3DNE, and me, then Ty K3MM came in there at the close.  So much fun!

Speaking of scoreboards.. again my suggestion is to make it mandatory for live
reporting.  At least make it so for stations that are running in assisted
categories.

Our station performed amazingly!  The new RX antennas allowed me to pull out
signals I would NEVER have been able to prior.  The additional updates and
upgrades are next level to an already advanced station.  The exciting part is,
we are still working out some of the details, settings, and programing.  The
rest of this contest season is going to be fun!

Thanks to all my friends in SMC, I really appreciate the Qs, especially those of
you who found me in the last hour of the contest.  Those few Qs made a huge
difference plus gave me additional boost of motivation.

On to the next contest!

73, Brian K9TI