[3830] SS SSB W9JWC School Club Limited-Ant LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, buamateurradio@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W9JWC School Club Limited-Ant LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 03:47:41 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: W9JWC
Operator(s): KM9SPL KD9LSV
Station: W9JWC

Class: School Club LP
Class Overlay: Limited-Ant
QTH: IL

  160:    0
   10:    0

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

It was fun SS this year. We ran our classic setup of 100 Watts and a wire. The
first night went great with around 150 QSOs and 60 mults. We went QRT around
0630Z and picked up the contest at 1200Z.

The second day of contests started off great and slowly tested our ability to
problem solve. Midway through the contest, the voice macros broke; we of course
know how to do it by hand but it became very stressful to our voices. We
narrowed down the issue to a overdrive that was happening in our WAV files while
transmitting. Near the ending of the contest, another issue cropped up.
Randomly, a USB device disconnects that forces our radio to TX for a couple of
seconds, quite alarming! The standard solution of powering everything down and
up again fixed the issue.

We never got a good run of CAs (Missed five sections). We heard all missing
sections but Oklahoma (really!) and NNY.

Overall, a great and fun contest. For me (KM9SPL) ARRL SSSSB was the first
contest I ever participated, I am always excited to play this contest. Congrats
to those who completed the 85 sweep; enjoy your nice mug :).

See you in the next one,
- Team W9JWC