[3830] SS SSB K6LL SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ll.dave@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K6LL SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 03:20:11 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: K6LL
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: AZ

  160:    0
   80:    0

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

There was a big local noise on 15, so I didn't do much there.  15 is not a money
band for SSB anyway.  10 was pretty good, but the Solar Flux was only about 115,
so for this part of the sunspot cycle it could have been a lot better.

My goal was to work until I got a sweep, and then pack it in.  That happened at
7 p.m. Saturday local time, so I had a nice relaxing Saturday evening.  I got up
late on Sunday, and got on for a while, figuring I would get the score up to
100K.  That was easy, and I was having fun, so then decided to go for 1000 Q's.
That happened at 5 p.m. Sunday, so it was another relaxing evening with the
usual post-contest pizza party.

N1MM says the op time was 12 hours, but there were a lot of additional breaks of
less than 30 minutes in there. It looks like the top scorers will have about
1400 Q's, so another 12 hours of operating would have yielded only an additional
400 Q's, an average of 33 per hour, which feels pretty slow on SSB.  I'm happy
with what I did.

It's great to work the usual suspects, and to guide the newbies through the
exchange.  I had one guy on 10 who told me it was his first contact ever on ham
radio!

Thanks for all the Q's!