[3830] SS SSB N6ZFO SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N6ZFO SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 03:09:44 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SF
Operating Time (hrs): 14:43

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

low band antennas disabled in windstorm;

Fun being the "rare" SF section and handing out several sweeps. The
pile-ups were beyond belief.  The CW NS is good practice for pulling calls out.
I felt lucky to work SF myself -- fortunately fellow NCCC member NN6U operated
portable from the Clear Lake State Park, just about 1.5 mile line of sight from
my antenna!  And I had one other SF section QSO, with a station in Mendocino
county.

My goal was 300,000 total CW+Phone raw score, and just made that thanks to
Sunday afternoon boost on 20m after gifting myself 2 hours to lunch in a local
restaurant so XYL and I could watch the the 1st half of the 49er game against
Tampa Bay.

N4OX and I were both amazed that it took us a total of over 2,300 QSO's to find
each other, finally having a 20m QSO on late Sunday afternoon.

10m was disappointing with most signals weak relatively weak, although the
Sweep was relatively easy, but with some concern for LAX and SB sections -- LAX
was my last US section.

MN stations were numerous, reminding me of the preponderance of VE3 in the CQP.

73 Bill n6zfo