[3830] SS SSB N1RM Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1rm@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N1RM Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 22:34:15 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: N1RM
Operator(s): N1RM WA8AHZ
Station: N1RM

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 20:09

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Had great time throwing WA8AHZ to the wolves! He made tremendous progress in
confidence and technique and helped us earn the sweep.  Bands seemed really
strange - maybe is was because the sun was embarrassed by the naked picture of
it that W3LPL circulated :).
Had a couple of hiccups, and neighbor rang the doorbell at about 2am and said is
fiancée could not stand the racket that his stereo speakers were making.
Sounds like I need to make a trip to the ferrite store, and also look for dirty
connections in his outdoor speakers. I've been operating here for 3 years with
nary a peep, but something has changed (maybe the engagement?). I could not in
good conscience keep running over night so we lost lots of Qs that way.  I got
less inhibited after sunrise and did get a couple of good runs.
I could not figure out why there were so few spots now that self-spotting is
permitted, then I realized I have a geographic filter.  I need to find out if
there is a way to bypass geographic filters for self-spots.
Despite the drama, it was a fun time and we got the sweep. Thanks goodness SDG
called me in one of my last runs!

73, thanks for the Qs,
Rick
N1RM